Enzo Gianvittorio Danese (Enzo GD) is a consultant and strategist for visual communication, advertising and art projects. Graphic designer, videographer and art director holding academic and professional background with solid experience in corporate image, branding design, marketing and advertising strategies for companies, educational and social organizations.
Education, competences and skills
Education profile based on humanities high school and a degree in Mass Communication & Advertising at UCAB / Andres Bello Catholic University) * , combined with a myriad of training courses in drawing, painting techniques, video drama production, digital video editing, web design (html & CSS), etc…
(*) Final thesis / dissertation: “Visual Communication: The cognitive role in visual perception”.
Technical skills comprise proficiency and high level of expertise managing many of the standard graphic production software -listed bellow- :
Adobe Creative Suite:
– Premiere Pro
– After Effects
Open Source Software:
– OLIVE Video Editor
– Blender 3D (notions)
… and many others.
Other personal qualities worth mentioning are:
- Ability to conceptualize any idea in visual concepts and graphic codes.
- Excellent understanding and implementation of advertising & marketing principles in any kind of production.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work schedules.
- Ability to take on responsibilities as well as to manage and coordinate.
- Aptitude to share knowledge with others.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member, deal with pressure and meet deadlines.
- Enjoy being part of a creative and challenging team oriented to goal achievement.
- Fluency in English, Spanish and Italian.
- Understanding of the communication process within a multicultural context.
- Activist and big supporter of Open Source Software developments, particularly of those focused on graphics and video editing.
- Enthusiast in innovative and disruptive technologies like blockchain and decentralized networks.
Areas of expertise (services)
Visual Communication & Graphic Design
- Logos, branding / identity & corporate image
- Illustrations, photo-retouch and image manipulation
- Page layout for brochures, magazines, booklets and books
- Website design
- GUI (Graphic User Interface) design
- Video editing and video compositing
Web Design, Web Administration & SEO
- Conceptualization, design and development of responsive websites.
- Web administration & SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Social media and network echo management.
Video Editing & Compositing
- Proficiency and experience in pre-production and post-production.
- Idea developments: Creative brief / Story development / Scripting + Storyboarding
- Corporate videos
- Video ads
- Explaining videos (educational & instructional)
- Tutorial videos
- Testimonial videos
- Social Media
- Product demos
- Artistic videos (videoart)
- Video & Audio restoration / music / lip-sync
Concept Developments & Strategies
- Concept developments and strategies implementation for IT and communication projects.
- Conceptualization of ideas and planning for Startup projects (IT, Apps, Internet platforms, etc) with social development purposes.
- Open Source, Decentralization and blockchain oriented projects.
- Digital Products Envision.
Projects, initiatives, activism and engagement
- BioPrintable.com – The bioprinting network.
- Enzo GD – Music Videos – An alternative space showcasing an eclectic and varied collection of remastered and/or re-invented music videos. It’s either part of a Creative Video Lab & Production Studio project run on Open-Source Software like: OLIVE Video Editor, Kdenlive, Audacity, Natron, Krita, GIMP, Inkscape, among others, for most of the video editing and graphic design jobs.
- STUDIOSS.org / Open Source Studio. Creative Lab & Production Studio entirely run on Open Source Software. An open production studio based on a collaborative concept. A helpful community willing to share news and tips to promote the use of open source software, as an alternative to commercial ones. #graphicdesign #videoediting #animation #opensource #art.
- Paintings – Oil paintings and classic techniques of artistic expression. A journey into my artistic roots. Getting back to origins.
User support (other on-line communities)
- Scribus – Open Source Desktop Publishing – Creator and admin of a nonprofit Facebook community to share tips on the use of Scribus.
- OLIVE Video Editor Community – Creator and admin of a nonprofit Facebook community to share tips on the use of this promising open source video editing software.
- MX Linux – Page to support MX Linux developers (open source operating system) by sharing desktop wallpapers implementing new branding / Logo.
CV / Resume :
For more details on working experience, please visit the LinkedIn profile:
Clients portfolio gathered through the years include: Advertising agencies, Multimedia production, Edutainment software, Museums, Marketing, Corporate Image and Communication & Creative Strategies for companies, organizations, schools and academies. To have a glimpse of some of the jobs done, please visit the SHOWCASE / GALLERY section.